Take your computer skills further using Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Publisher, Email, Internet and file management with Windows 10. This course aims to build on skills achieved on our Improve Your Computer Skills course or similar.
What can students expect?
This course aims to build on skills achieved in our Improve Your Computer Skills course or similar. A reasonable understanding of Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Publisher, Email, Internet and File Management is essential. Not suitable for beginners:
• Gain confidence using Windows 10
• Manage files and folders using Windows 10 file explorer
• Share files and folders on cloud storage
• Create, edit and format documents using Word
• Carry out a Mail Merge
• Perform Excel actions including sort, filter, functions, conditional formatting, charts
• Manage internet browser settings
• Send and receive email attachments
• Manage emails using folders, searching and finding messages
• Customise a PowerPoint presentation with animations, transitions, timings, video
• Use Publisher to produce an eye-catching publication
Late starters allowed?
Late starters are allowed but for maximum benefit full attendance is required.
Previous experience required?
You must have a reasonable understanding of Microsoft Office. Not suitable for beginners.
What is the progression route?
We offer a range of other computer courses you may like to join
Are there any extra costs?
There are no additional costs.
Work set between sessions?
There will be no work set between sessions, but learners will be encouraged to practice their skills at home.
What should students bring?
A USB memory stick will be useful to save your work
You may like to bring a pen and notebook.
This is a practical course and sessions include tutor-led demonstrations with plenty of learner activities to practice skills.