Pruning - All you need to know
This course is full. Please contact us on 0117 903 8844 to be added to the queue.
Course code: GJW3
A course on pruning shrubs and roses. This course will be delivered at Stoke Lodge.
When and where
From 13 Nov 2021
10:00 to 16:00
Stoke Lodge Centre
with Andy Coombe
Fees and concessions
The total charge is £60. The full (undiscounted) tuition fee for this course is £60, the concession rate is £36. Please note that concession rates are subject to proof of eligibility.
An introduction to the many aspects of pruning trees, shrubs and flowering plants.
What can students expect?
The course is practical with a theory base.
Learners will spend some time outside the Stoke Lodge centre, pruning trees and bushes, if the weather allows.
The topics covered are amongst others:
• Reasons for pruning
• Different pruning techniques for eg. roses, fruit trees, grapevines, herbaceous plants, perennial woody plants, clematis, etc
• Pruning techniques depending on the season
• Equipment and tools
The course is an introduction into how to prune trees and shrubs, as this is an essential skill for any gardener.
Aimed at any keen gardeners, novices and experienced gardeners alike, who wish to enhance their knowledge of pruning.
What is the progression route?
Join other gardening courses
What should students bring?
- pen and paper
- sturdy, waterproof shoes/boots,
- warm clothing for outdoor work,
- a waterproof anorak,
- a good pair of secateurs,
- and a packed lunch.
- Tutor talk and lecture
- Q&A sessions
- Discussions with tutor and other students
- Some practical work outside, if the weather allows.