Need to update your computer skills? Feeling left behind with digital technology? We will start with the basics and help you gain confidence in your skills with Windows 10, Microsoft Word, Internet and email.
What can students expect?
An ideal introduction for beginners or confidence boost for those wanting to refresh their skills:
• Understand basic computer jargon
• Use a computer keyboard and mouse to type and apply simple text formatting
• Use Windows 10 to navigate a computer
• Create useful documents using Word and check spelling and grammar
• Save and retrieve files from folders
• Use the internet to search for information
• Stay safe online
• Create a web-based email account e.g. Gmail
• Send and reply to emails
• Send email attachments
Late starters allowed?
Late starters are allowed but for maximum benefit full attendance is required
Previous experience required?
Suitable for beginners or those wanting to refresh their basic computer skills
What is the progression route?
Our ‘Improve Your Computer Skills’ course is a suitable progression route.
Work set between sessions?
There will be no work set between sessions, but learners will be encouraged to practice at home what they have learnt during the sessions
What should students bring?
A USB memory stick will be useful to save your work.
You may like to bring a pen and notebook.
This is a practical course and sessions include tutor-led demonstrations with plenty of learner activities to practice skills.