Everyday English - Speaking and Listening

This course is available but you cannot enrol online. Please make an enquiry below, and someone will contact you.


Course code: 4919

Spoken English for adults who can speak a little English



From 22 Apr 2024 to 08 Jul 2024
Mon 09:15-11:45

10 weeks

29 Apr 2024

09:15 to 11:45

13 May 2024

09:15 to 11:45

20 May 2024

09:15 to 11:45

03 Jun 2024

09:15 to 11:45

10 Jun 2024

09:15 to 11:45

17 Jun 2024

09:15 to 11:45

24 Jun 2024

09:15 to 11:45

01 Jul 2024

09:15 to 11:45

08 Jul 2024

09:15 to 11:45


location to be advised


Fees and concessions



Borough of Swindon


Who is the course for?

<p>Adults aged 19+ who don&#039;t speak English</p>

What will I achieve?

<p>Increased confidence in starting to speak and using English in everyday situations. Gain a certificate of attendance.</p>

What materials do I need?

<p>Just bring along a pen and a notebook.</p>

How will I be assessed?

<p>You and your tutor will agree some targets for you to aim for. Your tutor will support you to achieve your target and discuss how you are doing as the course progresses.</p>

What can I do next?

<p>You can move on to the next stage ESOL course with us or move to other ESOL courses at one of the local colleges, Depending on your level of English you can try other English courses, computing courses or you might like to move into voluntary work or employment.</p>

Please note:

<p>Eligibility criteria applies, please can you bring your ID to the first session showing you have lived in the UK or EU continuously for the last 3 full years. For EU nationals this will be in the form of your passport / Driving Licence / Passport For non EU nationals please bring your visa showing your right to remain in the UK. If you have lived here for less than 3 years and you are not an EU National you are eligible if you have: • Refugee Status and have resided in the UK for 6 months and your claim is being processed, or you are an Asylum Seeker and have been given the right to remain or your claim is being processed. (Please bring your Home Office letters or card). For others from non EU countries who have lived in the UK or EU for less than 3 years you are required to have: • Discretionary Leave to Enter or Remain. • Exceptional Leave to Enter or Remain. • Indefinite Leave to Enter or Remain. • Humanitarian protection. • Leave Outside the Rules. Evidence will be in the form of visas or official home office immigration documentation. Marriage certificates will be required as additional evidence for spousal visas. This is to ensure we meet ESFA funding conditions. Please contact Jo Vicente for more information and to join this course: Tel 07971181772 or email: jvicente@swindon.gov.uk Please note: the first date listed for each course is a &#039;meet and greet&#039; session so you can find out more about the course and complete your enrolment form, please have your ID with you.</p>