Welcome to the online prospectus for Adult Community Learning, Swindon Borough Council.
This website contains information about Adult Community and Family Learning courses that are delivered within community venues across Swindon.
The Adult Community Learning Team and our network of sub-contractors and partners deliver these courses.
Our courses are funded by the Education and Skills Funding Agency and the European Social fund.
You can search for a course or event in a number of different ways using the navigation buttons to the left:
- Subject area: the courses currently available are grouped by subject area to help you find what you are looking for.
- Learning venue: lets you search for courses available near to where you live or work.
- Times you are available: search by day and time to only see the courses for the times you want.
- Keyword: if you are not sure what subject area a course may be in, try searching by a keyword using the search box above.
Courses are currently available in the following subject areas:
You may want to enrol on a course to help you return to work or improve your skills, perhaps gain some confidence or maybe you just want to be able to help your child with maths and English.
The following eligibility is set by the Education and Skills Funding Agency (ESFA) who fund our courses:
Swindon residents who meet the following criteria are entitled to our courses free of charge if they are:
- Aged 19+
- Unemployed and in receipt of a benefit, job seeking or working and earning below £15,737 annual gross salary.
- And have lived in the UK or an EU country continuously for the last 3 years on the first day of their intended course
Learners who haven’t lived in the UK or EU for the required 3 years are eligible if they meet the criteria above and have been granted one of the following:
- Refugee status
- Humanitarian Protection
- Indefinite Leave to enter/remain
- Discretionary Leave to enter/remain
- Leave to enter to accompany a spouse.
We are required to see evidence of residency in the form of visas and relevant home office documents, this is to ensure we meet our funding requirements.
You can contact us for further information and advice about adult learning in Swindon by:
- Telephoning: 01793 466482
- Emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
the ACL team, Swindon Borough Council
Wat Tyler House West
- Clicking here to go to our main website
We also welcome any comments and suggestions about the service, please let us know what you think about your chosen course once you have completed it.